Monday, April 27, 2009

Not So Lazy Sunday at the Beach

Sunday is our day off together. It was so beautiful, we decided a bike ride to the beach was in order. We took this really cool dirt road through the saltmarsh to get there.
You can't really see it, but the light house is in the distance on the right.
Charlie, cooling off when we got there. Why isn't Brian barefoot? Because, we had agreed to work out a little bit and do some running on the beach before we began lazing about.
Good luck getting him to do any beach jog after that bike ride!
Well, we made ourselves do somewhere around 200 crunches and push ups until we couldn't do anymore... that's called "set to exhaustion." Then we did my "Couch to 5k" program, which was a walk/run combination for 20 minutes. It sure doesn't sound like much here, but it felt like a lot to me. I'm quite sore today, and of course I have a weird splotchy sunburn. I should have worn more sunscreen. I underestimated my white-ness.

It felt really good actually. I am desperate to get back into good shape by June.
Look at this darling duck mama and her babies. We passed them riding home.
After all that exercise, we relaxed on the harbour front at the Jolly Roger where we had delicious Jamaican Jerk Grouper sandwiches and a couple of beers. That's not very fit eating, I know. It sure tasted great though! The weather was so perfect, warm sunshine and cool breezes. We're always happiest on the water, but next to it is pretty damn good, too.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I've been missing your posts! How fun to see some new ones. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete