Friday, January 23, 2009

My Birthday


Okay, this is going to seem a little morbid, but these pics are from my birthday, 1/21. I turned 34, wow! And our little island was covered with snow so we went for a walk. There are cemeteries all over the place, we walked through this one and took some pics of interesting statues and headstones. The one above looks like the grave of a pirate. I don't doubt it, Ocracoke is quite famous for its pirate history. I thought these cherubs were precious. I'm a yard-art kind of girl. I think I get it from my Grandma Ella.



This is Charlie at my morning coffee b-day bash. He loves to open presents!
Brian always makes my birthdays feel special.
Snow, a novelty to me.








Sailboats and snow just don't go together in my mind.

The ferry that takes us off the island.
A shrimp boat, isn't she beautiful.
One of the many unpaved roads on the island.

Kayak rental, anyone?
Ah, the Ocracoke lighthouse.
I guess these are the ones who didn't fly South.

I'm not looking too happy, but I warmed up to the cold temps eventually, though I am a tropical nut at heart.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! What a great day. Your island is so picture perfect. I love the shot of the bike on your front porch. Precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun Day, Happy Birthday my Love!

    ReplyDelete